Are you a teen writer?
Do you have a story idea you think could rock my socks off?
Would you like a mentorship with an author of books for teens (*ahem*ME*ahem*)?
If you answered YES to those three questions, you’re in the right place! This is the Calling All Teens! First 100 Words Pitch Contest!
Here are the rules:
1) In the comments below, post your email address, and the first 100 words or less of the story!
2) If you so desire, please also enter the sister contest, the Calling All Teens! One-Sentence Pitch over at fellow author Claire Legrand’s blog!
3) Both contests begin TODAY and will be open until Sunday, September 18, at 11:00 p.m. CST!
4) You can enter ONCE PER CONTEST, for a total of TWO TOTAL ENTRIES, one here and one on Claire’s blog. You do NOT have to enter both contests, but doing so will double your chances of winning!
5) Once the contests close, Claire and I will read over the entries and pick ONE winner for each contest — one for the pitch contest, one for the first 100 words contest.
6) On Tuesday, September 20, we will post the winning entries on our blogs!
7) Each winner will receive a six-month mentorship with either Claire or myself — the first 100 words contest winner with me, the one-sentence pitch contest winner with Claire. This mentorship will include an open line of communication for questions and discussion, online chats when needed, a query critique, and a first 50 pages critique, as well as general guidance regarding social media and networking!
8) And, of course, you must be a teen to enter! That is, ages 13 to 19.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED THE CALLING ALL TEENS! WRITING CONTEST. THE WINNERS ARE:
1ST PLACE: A PIT OF CLAWS AND SPIKES
2ND PLACE: THE MURDERERS’ ACADEMY
3RD PLACE: THE DEMON SWORD
THE FIRST PLACE WINNER WILL RECEIVE A 6 MONTH MENTORSHIP AND A 50 PAGE CRITIQUE. SECOND AND THIRD PLACE WINNERS WILL GET A FIRST CHAPTER CRITIQUE.
FOR EVERYONE ELSE WHO ENTERED, I WANT TO THANK YOU AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP WRITING. IN FACT, IF YOU’D LIKE TO EMAIL YOUR 100 WORD SUBMISSION TO TORI@TORISCOTTYA.COM, I’D BE HAPPY TO PROVIDE MY THOUGHTS.
KEEP WRITING, AND KEEP BELIEVING! 🙂