Victoria Scott is the author of eight novels including Titans, Fire & Flood, Salt & Stone, the Dante Walker trilogy, Hear the Wolves (March 2017), and Violet Grenade (May 2017). She is published by Scholastic and Entangled Teen, and is represented by Sara Crowe of Pippin Properties.
Victoria’s latest novel, Titans, received two starred reviews, and Fire & Flood has been selected as a 2017 Spirit of Texas Reading Program book. Victoria’s novels have been bought and translated in fourteen foreign markets. The author currently resides in Philadelphia, and loves hearing from her readers.
Here are a few things about me you may not know:
1. I’m deathly afraid of monkeys. No animal should look that much like a human.
2. I have a fiery passion for cotton candy. My husband once drove me to seven different stores looking for the stuff. We found it at Wal-Mart. I bought 12 bags.
3. My hair is naturally curly…and I hot iron the heck out of it. Dear Mother Nature, I do not prefer you.
4. My husband is the coolest guy in the world. I love his face. So much so that I want to punch it sometimes. Just kidding, baby. Kisses.
5. I take a glass of water with me everywhere I go. I also dump it out and refill it for no reason at least five times a day.
6. I like old, creepy-looking trees so much that I actually house-hunted by scouting streets with the best ones.
7. Music. If it’s not loud and angry, I want no part of it.
8. I don’t drink coffee. “But you’re a writer!” I know, it’s blasphemous.
9. My favorite movie is What Dreams May Come starring Robin Williams.
10. I was a cheerleader in high school. Like a hard-core competitive cheerleader you see on ESPN(2).
11. It upsets me when YA books feature mean cheerleaders.
12. My favorite color is yellow. I don’t feel like it gets near enough street-cred.
13. I can twirl a baton like nobody’s business.
14. Movies with giant, robotic aliens scare me to my core. It could happen. I just know it.
Thanks so much for reading. If you made it all the way through my list and still want to buy my books, I heart you so much! 🙂